Updated July 13, 2018
- Collection of Information;
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies;
- Use of Information;
- Sharing of Information;
- Holding of Information;
- Advertising and Analytics Services provided by Others;
- Your Choices; and
- Contact us.
You must be at least the age of Majority to register with us. Please do not provide any of your details to us if you are under the age of Majority.
PARENTS PLEASE READ: We do not permit those under the age of 18 (or older in some jurisdictions, if the age of Majority is older) to participate on or enter the Sites without your express consent.
No information should be submitted to or posted on the Sites by any Minor (a user under 18 years of age, or older in some jurisdictions, if the age of Majority is older) without the consent of a parent or guardian. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information. No information should be submitted to or posted on the Sites by any person younger than 13 years of age. If we become aware that you are under 13 and are attempting to or have submitted personal information via the Sites, or that you are otherwise a Minor and are attempting to or have submitted personal information via the Sites without your parent’s/guardian’s permission, we will not accept such information and we will take steps to remove such information from our records. This may involve us having to access and verify your age and other relevant details.
Unless otherwise disclosed during collection, we do not knowingly provide any personally identifying information about Minors, regardless of its source, to third parties, nor is this information knowingly used by us for any marketing or promotional purposes. Minors are not allowed to participate in petitions, contests or promotions on the Sites. If you do not satisfy this age requirement, you are not permitted to use or enter the Sites.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, make a donation, send us an email, sign up to receive email updates, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, create an account, schedule an event, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase or contribution, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request information, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
If you make a donation, a third-party payment processor will collect a credit card number or other payment account number. This record will be stored and processed in Monaco and other possibly countries (see further below under “Use of Information”).
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Sites
When you access or use our Sites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
We log information about your use of the Sites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Sites.
We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Sites, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES:
We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Sites are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Sites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Sites. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site. We may also use such information for list matching purposes.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Sites;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process contributions and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of our Sites;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers for issues and organizations that we support;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Sites;
- Personalize and improve the Sites and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
The Organization is based in Monaco and the information we collect is governed by European law. By accessing or using our Sites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the E.U and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of the Organization, its employees, volunteers, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the Organization; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders or to the press.
Social Sharing Features
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of information collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Offensive or inappropriate content
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to our Sites, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on our Sites, we may use the personal information we hold about you to stop such behavior. Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (for example, but without limitation, content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use the personal information we hold to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/Internet provider, or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behavior.
HOLDING OF INFORMATION
We will hold personal information about you on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us, subject to any applicable laws and/or regulations. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a member of our Sites, please be advised that once an account is deleted, we cannot use the personal information about you other than for administrative purposes, but it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted.
Where you contribute to the Sites, we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We sometimes may offer content (e.g., competitions, sweepstakes, or promotions) sponsored by or co-branded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that you voluntarily submit to participate in the Sites activity. We are not responsible for and have no control over these third parties’ use of this information. However, we will notify you at the time of requesting personally identifiable information if these third parties will obtain such information.
The Organization takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We are not responsible nor will be liable to you in any way for events beyond our direct control. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our technology and business, we cannot guarantee nor do we represent that our performance will be error free, and to the maximum extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or other loss suffered by you and relating to the use or release of your personal information.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Sites.
You may opt-out of receiving updates and newsletters from the Organization by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at [email protected] If you opt-out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Sites or any donations or transactions.
Your California Privacy Rights
© 2018 To.org. All rights reserved.